kind of a scenario but not

I agree on the MI but what I've been finding is that LVH seems to make 12 leads un diagnostic based on the LVH condition. Every single shift I learn something new.

I make it a mission in my work that every shift I find something I need to learn and learn it. This shift that this lady was on gave me two things to learn, LVH and MI and then Hypertensive crisis that I posted on earlier.

If I ever think I need to stop learning I'm gettng out of this business.

I agree on the MI but what I've been finding is that LVH seems to make 12 leads un diagnostic based on the LVH condition. Every single shift I learn something new.

I make it a mission in my work that every shift I find something I need to learn and learn it. This shift that this lady was on gave me two things to learn, LVH and MI and then Hypertensive crisis that I posted on earlier.

No doubt. LVH mimics to many things on a 12 lead to really get a good picture of whats goin on. I suppose you can smoke a little dope and squint real hard and pull something out but generally it renders them 'non-diagnostic'. at first glance what it tells me is that my pt has a Hx of CHF and possibly all the goodies that come along with it. I know to expect the problems CHF causes and the drugs prescribed to treat them, physical findings to expect, etc. And all from them sqiggley little lines.... :)

You mean I'll have to keep learning? I thought get my patch and I was done. Please tell me its so. Please. :D

Spenac, for you my good taxi driver, you can think whatever you want. Once you get your patch you can stop learning and just coast thru life. But seriously, I thought I knew everything but you know what Spenac???? I just found out over the past week that I know very little.

I hope you know I'm feeding you your sarcasm back to you with a little sugar. ha ha

areyou being safe and have you been getting tips from your taxi cab fares.

Spenac, for you my good taxi driver, you can think whatever you want. Once you get your patch you can stop learning and just coast thru life. But seriously, I thought I knew everything but you know what Spenac???? I just found out over the past week that I know very little.

I hope you know I'm feeding you your sarcasm back to you with a little sugar. ha ha

areyou being safe and have you been getting tips from your taxi cab fares.

Economy has been killing my tips. :shock: Thank you for sharing that you as an experienced provider need to continue learning. You are a great example for those of us that are finishing up the classes. We now know there is no shame in seeing something that makes us need to dig deeper, that our education can never stop. I have really enjoyed these two examples you posted this week, while I did not add to them I took a lot from them.

Dont beat yourself up, at worst she got an unnecessary helicopter bill, and a diagnosis of pneumonia instead of MI. A little voice in your head (or other part of your body) cautioned you, I always trust that voice, even when everyone looks at me like i have a penis growing out of my forehead. The rhythm is a simple BBB, which she may have had for 20 years or acquired today (was she on Lanoxin ?). It will be interesting to see what her final diagnosis was, but regardless, you did your job. One day we will have lab and xray capability on the truck, until then you have to trust your intelligence and your gut.