Migrating Palm info to Blackberry

emtannie

OK, I know this isn't EMS related...

I need technology help, so please, if you are going to post, provide help, not just "google it" or "go to crackberry.com." I have been those routes already.

I have a Palm Treo 755p, and just purchased a Blackberry curve 8530.

As this phone holds all my scheduling and contacts for my employment with 3 ambulance services, a college, a hospital, and my personal company, as well as personal contacts, I really do not want to re-key all my contacts and my calendar.

When I installed the Blackberry Desktop, there is a section on migrating stuff from Palm, but it doesn't allow me to select Palm or get into the actual setup to do this - the options are greyed out.

I googled it, and went to Crackberry, and found several posts that said I could export my data to Outlook, then from Outlook to BB.

I tried that... when I import my data from Palm to Outlook, it imports the names in my address book, but nothing else. I tried it as a comma deliniated file, and as an Excel data file - neither worked.

I am trying to refrain from throwing my BB as far as I possibly can....

Can someone provide step-by-step instructions on how to get my data from my Palm to my BB?

I would really appreciate it.

Funny thing I just HotSync (ed) my Treo and found for some reason the Calender, Memos and Tasks did NOT go to the regular desktop Palm folders but to (OUTLOOK) which I do not use routinely .... ARGH .... makes me wonder why I stopped using a day planner, oh yea someone laughed at me calling it a man purse ... I am sensitive that way.

So when you figure out how to change the default value to the original software Palm Hotsync.

I am all ears because I wasted good part of an afternoon reading 'HELP' files ... and that is an oxymoron beyond belief.

Annie just wondering have you tried EXPORT from Outlook to Crack berry files ?

You have probably already tired this but you may take both phones to your wireless provider. I know when I got my new Palm they moved all my contacts to it.

However since the calendar is a different software it may not be able to be sync to the BB. I don't really know.

My advice to you would be to start using google calendars and saving your contacts on there as well. It is a lot easier to edit your calendar in google and I beleive it can easily be sync to your BB. I have a Palm Pre and use google to sync making life much easier. Let me know if you need help with that. You can make a calendar for each job, etc. I have around 10 calendars.

Sorry not the best answer but it is all I got. I really doubt anyone here is gonna know more than crackberry.com lol, as I go to precentral.net for my Palm related questions.

Annie just wondering have you tried EXPORT from Outlook to Crack berry files ?

Turnip, I would do that, if I could get my Palm stuff to export properly to Outlook... I can't even get it moved to Outlook so I can go from Outlook to BB.

Speedy, problem with using Google calendars is I am never at home - I depend on my phone to keep track of everything, which is why I need the software on my phone to be able to handle it all. And if I load everything onto Google, and it still doesn't sync to BB, I am still f***ed.

Never mind, I FINALLY figured it out!

I did get my Palm stuff to export to Outlook, and then was able to sync to BB... 342 Contacts successfully transferred! I was having visions of me retiring before getting all my contacts across....

Thanks tniuqs and speedy!

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Google is great for me, as I can access it from any computer (with internet), my phone, and if I ever change smart phones I can easily sync it. What happens if you drop your phone into a body of water, or something else ruins it.