Saying Hi

Hey guys,

Just sitting in at a workshop with some NREMT and test writing people.

How's everyone doing?

Anyone have some good questions for these guys? (specific to test writing?)

-Anthony

Suggestion

If a BLS truck, a volunteer ambulance, a ALS truck and a fire based medic all started from Point A, B, C, and D and had to travel 20 miles to get to the call which unit would get there first.

Never mind, I got nothin.

Since receiving a perfect score on the test is a very remote possibility, how about making the reults accessible, so that the testees can spotlight the areas they're 'weak' in? This would only serve to help people become better providers in the end.

I'm not asking that each specific question missed be listed, but each general area of testing be listed (ie: OB, Airway, Trauma) and the percentages of each section.

Feedback is usualy generated for those that don't pass the test, but for those that do...the only 'feedback' is 'Congratulations, you've passed"

Granted, not everyone would appreciate this feedback, but I'm sure that the majority of 'education advocates' would!

Yea, allow me to retest!

Suggestion

If a BLS truck, a volunteer ambulance, a ALS truck and a fire based medic all started from Point A, B, C, and D and had to travel 20 miles to get to the call which unit would get there first.

Never mind, I got nothin.

A. Gets Lost

B. No one shows up to take the call

C. Responds after EMT wakes up the medic

D. Respond and show up with 20 people all running around barking orders.. helps patient back into their recliner from which they fell.. then waits for A to show up for transport.

Since receiving a perfect score on the test is a very remote possibility, how about making the reults accessible, so that the testees can spotlight the areas they're 'weak' in? This would only serve to help people become better providers in the end.

I'm not asking that each specific question missed be listed, but each general area of testing be listed (ie: OB, Airway, Trauma) and the percentages of each section.

Feedback is usualy generated for those that don't pass the test, but for those that do...the only 'feedback' is 'Congratulations, you've passed"

Granted, not everyone would appreciate this feedback, but I'm sure that the majority of 'education advocates' would!

They don't provide these results anymore? I know it's been a few years since I took NR but I got percentages for each section when I passed. Of course this was back with an actual paper test...

They don't provide these results anymore? I know it's been a few years since I took NR but I got percentages for each section when I passed. Of course this was back with an actual paper test...

This is the 'congratulatory email' I got from the NREMT:

NREMT (automated e-mail, do not reply) [DoNotReply@nremt.org]Actions Friday, February 05, 2010 9:00 AM

To:REDACTED

Results of your National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians cognitive examination are now available on the National Registry website. To view/print your results, click here and log into your account using the user name and password that you created. Then, click on "Check Application Status" where you can view and print the results from your cognitive examination.

Examination Department, NREMT

This is the only statement I got after following the above instructions:

Intermediate 85 Application Summary:

Application Confirmation ID: REDACTED

Application Created: 1/7/2010 4:56:00 PM (CST)

Exam Date: 2/4/2010 (CST)

Results Date: 2/5/2010 (CST)

Examination Scored

Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

Certification documents will be mailed to the address provided in your account profile by first class US Postal service within three business days.

National certification is not a license to practice. You should contact your state EMS office for information on licensing requirements.

Apparently, their computer system no longer allows them to accurately provide you that information since it cuts you off as soon as you hit a minimum points level. You might have not finished the subcategory you were in, so if you missed 2 out of 4 for example in a subcategory, it might think you were deficient in it.

But....not sure if that answer makes sense now that I think about it, because that would mean people would be taking really lopsided tests...but not sure. The class topic wasn't NR exactly, so couldn't stay on topic for too long when it was touched upon...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.